February 02, 2022
Seek Local: The benefits of seeking local and regional funding
Regional funding should become a bridge to national funding.
• Funder has a connection to your mission because it benefits their community, and enhances their regional visibility.
• Increase your community network of event participants, volunteers, individual donors, and collaborators.
• Long-term relationship building with the funder (very important).
• Application process may be less taxing or require less staff time.
• Engage hesitant board members in fundraising that they are comfortable with.
• Regional funding should become a bridge to national funding. Leverage support from regional funders and then make your case to national funders and seek greater amounts of funding.